The Tevez Run
Player Self Assessment :
- Run 1 : Right foot only
- Run 2: Left foot only
- Run 3 : As fast as possible with no restrictions.
An Unofficial and Official Run : The Criteria.
An Unofficial run Is still an almost exact copy of the set up.
- An unofficial run uses 12 inch traffic cones (or at least not flat cones).
- You may need to buy 6. They are not that expensive.
- The ball Starts on the back line.
- A goal with a goal line needs to be used ( so it is obvious when the ball crosses the line).
- The grid needs to look about the right size (for an unofficial run)
- The video speed cannot be tampered with.
Small cones, starting ahead of the start line, no goal used, an obviously a small grid will not be treated as an unofficial time and will not be added to the database.
We are very keen to get a data base of Unofficial runs. So if you are keen to help build this database then please send in an unofficial run (including your year of birth, and location).
How to get an official time.
- Send in an 'unofficial time' that is very close to or even sets a new record time for your age group.
- The top 10 players as of the 30th November will then be offered the chance to do an official run (at the end of the year).
- The second video is a little more strict in regards to the rules.
These are the rules:
- All the Unofficial time rules apply, and the following are also added.
- The Tevez grid needs to be set up on the edge of the 6 yard box ((1.7m : 2m : 2m ) as in the set up video above, with a full size goal in the background.
- A person throwing and catching the ball needs to be in the background of the video. (This allows us to verify that the speed of the video has not been tampered with).
- The camera needs to be side on and equally positioned between the start and the finish.
- Proof of age, location, and current playing level will need to be submitted on entry.
Win some $$ **
The player with the fastest time overall in the calendar year will win some $$s, as will the players who get the fastest times for their age groups, and if you enter an official time you will go into a draw, regardless of time and 1 random player will win some $$ too. The full details of this can be found here. (Link below). [** This starts in 2022].
Some More Example Runs
U10 Fastest Unofficial Run
U12 : Fastest Unofficial Run
U16 : Fastest Unofficial Run