Running with the Ball Speed Test : League Table
Using the Tevez Drill
Players who do well at the Tevez Drill, show potential when on the ball, and are usually able to translate this potential into a game, where they often demonstrate a strong ability to manipulate the ball in tight spaces and use this running with the ball ability as a weapon during games.
The Tevez is a standardized running with the ball test, that allows players to track their progress over time, and by using the league table below are able to compare their running with the ball ability with their peers.
The league table below is trying to find the fastest Tevez times per age, as well as average times per age, to allow players to compete and compare their times. So we are asking players to submit a video of there fastest run with a particular year. These are the conditions for this :
- Players can submit 1 run time calendar year ( as a HD youtube / vimeo link (unlisted is fine)).
- To be added to the database, the submitted video must match the set up 'almost' exactly. This run will be an unofficial time. [ An official time must has some more stringent conditions].
- The video must have the time (from start to finish on the video) in the same way as the example run has been done. Paused at start (with the ball on the line and the time at 0.00) and paused at the end (when the ball is on the line and the end time clearly on the line).
- Players also need to submit their Initials, Date of Birth, time, date of entry and age at entry. This should all be in the video title.
- Some editing to the video will need to be done to get to this. There are lots of free editing apps that will do this easily.
- It is recommended that as well as the fastest run, players should also do a right foot only run, a left foot only run, an inside only run and an outside only run - and compare the times to each other, as well as their fastest time, to identify areas of strength and weakness. These extra runs do not need to be submitted.
Videos that do not match this format 'almost ' exactly will not be accepted.